IMD640; 641; 642; 643 Country chess Set
Supplies by Mayco Colors
SS-55 Ginger SS-137 Jet Black SS-288 Bright Green
SS-57 Accent Green SS-177 Cranberry SS-314 Teal
SS-63 Black Forest SS-179 Antique Red SS-353 Gray Blue
SS-108 Light Gray SS-192 Light Taupe SS-358 Dark Gray Blue
SS-127 Medium Portrait SS-198 Chocolate SS-375 Ivory Task
SS-129 Light Tan SS-211 Orange Rust SS-500 Real Purple
SS-130 Medium Gray SS-234 Medium Mocha AC-516 Porcelain Mist
SS-135 White SS-237 Dark Brown
1. Clean your greenware and fire to Cone 03.
2. Base coat the chess board and four side walls with Jet Black. Paint the squares on the chess board with Accent Green and Chocolate.
3. Wet brush the grass and hills on the side walls with Dark Brown. Wet brush the hills again with Medium Mocha, Ginger and Medium Portrait. Shade the hills with Dark Brown. Wet brush the grass areas with Black Forest and then Accent Green. Add Bright Green to same brush and highlight.
4. Wet brush the houses on the side walls with Gray Blue. Wet brush each roof and trim with Antique Red. Wet brush the chimneys and rocks around the bottom of the houses with Light Gray. Wet brush each barn with Antique Red and barn roof with Medium Gray. Wet brush the plants in front of the fence with Orange Rust and highlight with Light Taupe. Paint the fence White. Shade all areas with (White SS-135).
5. Base coat all chess pieces with Jet Black except for two geese. Base coat the two geese with Ivory Task and then antique with Light Tan. Wet brush with White then paint the beaks and feet with Light Taupe. Shade with Medium Mocha.
6. Wet brush the other two geese with Dark Brown except for the head and neck. Wet brush the feathers with Medium Gray and then highlight with White. Paint the beaks and feet with Medium Gray. Paint a White ring under each neck. Wet brush the base with Dark Brown and then Chocolate. Wet brush the plants with Bright Green and the grass with Teal and Bright Green.
7. Wet brush the mail boxes with Gray Blue, Light Taupe, Antique Red, and Accent Green. Wet brush the post and base of two mail boxes with Light Gray and then White. Wet brush the post and base of the other two mailboxes with Dark Brown and then Chocolate. Wet brush the plants and grass around the bases with Black Forest and highlight with Teal and Bright Green.
8. Wet brush two of the roosters with Dark Brown and then Antique Red on all but the tail feathers. Wet brush the breast and tail feathers with White. Wet brush the base with Dark Brown and then Chocolate. Wet brush the other two roosters with Dark Brown and then lightly with Antique Red. Wet brush the feathers around the head and neck with White. Randomly add colors of Real Purple, Dark Gray Blue, and Gray Blue to the tail feathers. Wet brush the bases with Light Gray and use Black Forest, Accent Green and Bright Green on plants.
9. Wet brush one cat with Medium Gray and then with Light Gray. Paint black spots randomly. Wet brush the chimney with Gray Blue and then highlight the edges with White. The roof top is Chocolate with an Antique Red roof. Wet brush the second cat with Dark Brown then Medium Portrait. Highlight using Light Tan. Use Orange Rust on chimney and Light Gray on roof top. The roof is Medium Gray. The plants are finished like the others above.
10. Leave one dog Jet Black and apply a light wash of Dark Brown over it. Wet brush the base with Light Gray. Wet brush the plants as noted above. Wet brush the second dog with Dark Brown and then with Medium Mocha. Use Medium Portrait to highlight. Wet brush around the muzzle, ears and tail with Light Tan. Wet brush the base with Dark Brown and then with Chocolate. Plants are finished like the others.
11. Wet brush all 16 chickens with Dark Brown. Wet brush eight of the chickens again with Orange Rust and then Antique Red. Wet brush the other eight chickens with Antique Red. Use White and Light Taupe to highlight each chicken. Wet brush eight bases with Dark Brown and Chocolate. Wet brush the other eight bases with Light Gray. Plants and grass are finished like the others. Shade each chess piece with Jet Black.
12. Spray all pieces with Porcelain Mist Spray. The chess board should be sprayed three times.